Saturday, July 13, 2002

So why am I in self-destruct mode? I’ve gotten nothing done here at work. Been here for a couple hours, but I’ve found the Internet so much more attractive then actually working. And I do have other things going on tonight.

Bible study last night was great again. I really like this group and am glad I finally got up the motivation to go. Not that last night was any easier. Felt like staying home and vegging.

Got home much later then I intended to. Then Jeff and I lay in our beds talking until 1AM. So I’m definitely on the tired side today.

I wagered wrong. It really was a three-mile run on the triathlon today. And the bike ride seemed longer, too, but Dave and I can’t prove that. Of course, by the time I got to the run, I was already spent, so I walked most of it.

See, Dave and I were running late, so we wound up running over to the starting line. Don’t know why, but I couldn’t seem to get my breath the entire swim. So all that training went out the door and I swam on my back most of the way. But, I went around the buoy correctly the first time this year!!!!

Last year, I drank too much water, and paid for it during the run. This year, I didn’t want to make that mistake. Of course, I didn’t take into account the fact that the weather was much hotter. So I was beat by the time we got to the run, and I just couldn’t do it. I walked at least half of the three miles, maybe even more like two-thirds. But, I crossed that finish line. Official time was 1 hour, 28 minutes, 8 seconds. So even with the extra mile, it only took my 20 minutes more then last year. Now if I’d actually trained….

Went out to eat with the Durons afterward. Great time. Then I went to Borders and the mall looking for a couple quick things. Like I can ever be quick in Borders. By the time I got home and got out of the shower, I was beat. So I watched some tv before coming in here. Now, I’ve been here about two hours, and I’m still on the Internet.

Not only that, but we’re having a get together for the youth tonight at 6 to meet the potential new youth pastor. And I’m supposed to be at it. Frankly, all I want to do is go home and go to bed. Which is probably exactly what I’ll do after we get done at 8. Which leaves me with and hour to get started on a project, or find something else to do.

I think I’ll go home and read. I repeat, why am I in self-destruct mode?

No comments: