Monday, July 29, 2002

I am exactly where I need to be at this point in the year. It took me most of the day to get to the fourth thing on my to do list from the weekend. But I finished it. Tomorrow will be a day of polishing. Don't see why I shouldn't be able to take Wednesday off for the beach trip. :)

I have to share this card I saw while trying to find my uncle a birthday card on Friday. It's a card meant to give to a brother. The front says, "Brother, here's something I'd like to share with you." When you open it up, you see a dividing line down the middle of the card. The left half says, "This is my half." The right half says, "This is your half. Happy Birthday!!! (Hee, hee. See, I've already written my name on your half.)" I shared it with my family this weekend, and they were laughing hysterically at it, too.

Pete and I had a great swim Saturday. The weather's cooled off a little, but it was still pleasant in the water. Then we ate at Baja Fresh and finished it off with a trip to Cold Stone Cremery. We'd burned off the calories of the ice cream already, right?

Saturday night, I finally got to see the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie. Definately underwhelmed. I see why the series is so much better. Then I watched the end of Live and Let Die on ABC while Flippin' (Arkansas) back and forth between that and She-Spies on NBC. I didn't realize that old Bond had that much camp to them. The only one I've seen was the last one. But talking to Sheree at work today, I found out that the old ones had lots of camp. And I must say, I was underwhelmed by She-Spies as well. Too much Ally MacBeal to the show for my taste. Could have been fun, otherwise.

Church went well yesterday. Then I had some time to myself to do whatever I felt like. Whatever I felt like appears to be falling asleep while reading. Got up for the SNYF (Sunday Night Youth Fellowship). And somewhere over the course of the day, I lost my pocket knife. Gonna have to call around and see if anyone can find it for me.

I was looking for my Vault Disney DVD's last night, but could only find one of them. I knew I'd bought the other three. And I had. They were hiding in a bag in plain site. Spotted them this morning before coming into work. Guess the old Mark search is still working just fine.

Tonight? A little TV, but mostly cleaning and reading. Maybe I'll do something with those dishes I bought a week ago, like wash them for use. And I should clean up before this weekend. I'm having Seth and Keirsten over to watch a movie. I figured it was about time I returned their endless hospitality. Never mind that they have the piano we need for practice on most Tuesdays. :) Should be fun.

No comments: