Tuesday, July 09, 2002

In case you hadn't heard, it's hot around here right now. It was well over 100 today. And I've heard it's been the same in San Fran area. (Talked to Donald last night.) Fortunately, the AC in the office works really well.

Traffic was a nightmare around here last night. Remember that fire I talked about yesterday? (14th for the year in the Santa Clarita Valley according to the news last night.) Well, what I didn't take into account was the closed roads. They had to close two major throughfares for safety and fire fighting reasons, so the detour roads were clogged like crazy last night. It took Jeff and hour to drive what should take 20 minutes, max. But the biggest was Kiersten. It took her 3 hours to get home from a town 25 miles away. Needless to say, I didn't wind up going over there last night. In stead, I talked to Donald and played the Stock Market game with Jeff. Pool felt wonderful even at 10:40 last night when I won.

It's been brought to my attention recently that I've been giving a false impression about my job. The only reason I'm swamped it because of my own laziness. If I actually devoted time during the work day to work and a little less time to goofing off, I'm sure I wouldn't be in the precarious position I'm in right now. Believe me, it will not happen in the 2002-03 fiscal year.

Speaking of which, I did find my $10.53 today. And felt like an idiot, too. I knew exactly what it was all along, I'd just forgotten about it. So general account is finally reconciled for June. :)

Tonight, I've got an ultimate frisbee game. Hope it's cooled off slightly by 8 PM or we're all going to really hate it.

No comments: