Monday, June 24, 2002

Ok, so I didn't make it back over the weekend to blog. So sue me. (Ok, I'll agree with Shana on this one. It's just an expression.) Let me give you a run down of what's been going on.

Friday - Had a blast rafting. More fun then last year. Water level wasn't too low, and the weather in Bakersfield was much nicer for that sort of thing then here. They let us use two, two-man inflatible kayaks as well this year. (Thanks to Claire for the spelling correction.) Dave and I took one down the first time down the river. It was great getting to just talk and enjoy floating down the river. Definately could get used to that.

When I got home, there was a message from Donald about that job. They've filled it already. Only listed for two weeks. Still haven't figured out if that's good or bad.

Saturday - Went to Crime Time books for the first time in months. Got several books, including two advanced review copies for books that come out next month.

Sunday - Church, then I finished my book. Do me a favor and never, ever read Heaven's Wager. It's the perfect example of all that's wrong with Christian fiction. Can't believe how many positive reviews for it there are at Amazon. I know I'll get raked over the coals for writing a negative review, but so be it. I just can't decide if I should give it one star, or two stars because I enjoyed the beginning. Then we had a SNYF last night. Went to a house in Auga Dulce (about 10 minutes north of here.) Beautiful setting with a very nice pool.

The weather has finally decided to admit it's summer time. Friday, it was almost raining here in town, but weather.com is predicting 90 degree weather every day for the foreseeable future. I can certainly get used to that.

No comments: