Sunday, June 30, 2002

Starting off today with Chris' Sunday Op-Ed.

1. Police
Who do we fear because of their power? I know it's true for me. Even when I'm driving exactly the speed limit, the site of a cop car makes me nervous. It's really too bad because they, more then anyone else, put their lives on the line every time they go into work to keep us safe. The few who abuse their power ruin it for the rest of the force and us.

2. Alcohol
What do I avoid? Yes, there is the Christian aspect of it, and where I work. But I made a personal choice a long time ago to avoid drinking alcohol at all costs. I have enough self-destructive tendincies in my life. I don't need to add any potential ones.

3. Boobs
What's another name for idiots? (And here you thought I'd ruin the G rating of my blog.)

My life has become very interesting in the last couple of days. Friday night, I finally went to the Career Bible Study at Placerita Baptist that I've been talking about going to for months. Really enjoyed it. I will be back next time it meets. But because of that, I went with Carl, who I haven't seen in a long time, to see The Borne Identity yesterday. Then last night, I went to a party that Daniel, my first roommate in the dorms was throwing. Got to meet his new roommate Danny (you read that right.) And Danny may be joining me on Thursday to go to the Reagan Library. Yes, I'm staying in town to work, and then making all kinds of plans so I won't have any time to come in and work.

Today, I came in to work. But I've been talking to Sheree about movies and tv shows in stead. I'm completely hopeless.

I have a big gripe. I can handle seeing previews for upcoming movies before a movie starts. I kinda enjoy it, even. But the recent habbit of showing commercials before a movie starts is really starting to annoy me. Yesterday, we saw at least half a dozen. M&M's, Coke, Bank of America. And nothing to do with movies, either. WHY??? Are theaters still not getting enough money even though ticket prices keep going up every time you turn around? (I haven't been going to movies that long, but $6 used to be the evening price, not the matinee.)

As to TBI itself, it was a good movie. Nothing I'll rush out to see again. Looking forward to seeing why Donald thought it was so great. Definately disagree with him on that.

And with that, I'm going to post this and go home to call my family. Have a good evening everyone.

No comments: