Friday, March 29, 2002

Seems like if I complain about something in my blog, it gets taken care of. Therefore, I'd like to start off today with a couple complaints.

1) I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED THAT BOOK. And since the mail for the day is just now coming in, maybe I'll get it today.

2) I also still haven't gotten my check for $1 million. Must be an oversight on someone's part. :)

Just a half day at work today in honor of Good Friday. So I'll be heading home at noon to do laundry and clean the apartment. Later tonight, my parents arrive in town. And hopefully I'll be able to connect with my brother when he passes through town for dinner on his way to Mexico on a missions trip. Not sure if I'll have a chance to check in over the weekend, so if I don't, Happy Resurrection (Easter) Sunday. Hope everyone has a great day.

Want to comment on one of the Friday Five questions. It asked if any celebrity's death had affected you. I am often saddened by their deaths, but one really got to me. Charles Schultz. I've been a huge fan of Peanuts for years. And it helped that he lived in Santa Rosa since before I was born. I grew up ice skating at the ice rink he built. Peanuts may not be the consistantly funniest strip in the paper, but it often touched my heart. I can't imagine the world with Charlie Brown, Lucy, Sally, Linus, Snoopy, and the others. And it wouldn't be Christmas without A Charlie Brown Christmas.

What's so good about Good Friday?

Yes, that's an obvious answer. It wasn't a good day for Jesus. Illegally tried and murdered. But the result was good for us. The forgiveness of our sins and the opportunity to be called the Sons and Daughters of God. Maybe we should start calling it Stupedious Friday. It blows my mind when I think about what Jesus was willing to suffer for us. It's certainly not something I deserve. And the best part is, the story doesn't end there!

No comments: