Wednesday, March 06, 2002

Hm, Wednesday. What to blog about?

I know, I'll explain what I blogged about last week! I realized later that I really should have explained what and who I was talking about, but haven't had a chance to go back and do so.

Part of my "job" working with the jr. high at church is to lead worship. On Sunday mornings and our SNYFs (Sunday Night Youth Fellowship), I play my guitar. But on Wednesday nights, we have a combined time with the Senior High. And I don't lead it alone. Seth actually picks the songs and leads the singing and thoughts for the time. And he does an outstanding job with it. Much better then I ever could. Well, without lots of practice, anyway. His wife, Kiersten, plays the keyboard we have use of. It's not the best, but it gets the job done. Tuesday nights, I go over to their place and we practice what it is we're going to be doing. Then Wednesday night, we do it. And before you get any ideas about the age, they are my age. Seth is exactly 365 days younger then me. If it weren't for the fact that 1976 was a leap year, we'd have the same birthday.

Anyway, Seth used to direct the handbell choir, but he's given it up this year, and everything's falling apart there. They're both great people and I've enjoyed this chance to become good friend with them. After all, if you're going to spend as much time together as we do, you'll become friends.

I am going to finish The Chocolate Cat Caper tonight if it kills me. It would kill me not to. I'm loving the book. Fortunately, Enterprise is a rerun. But Jennifer Garner is on Downtown tonight, so of course I'll have to watch that. Hopefully, I can get the book finished before that comes on so I can get a good night's sleep tonight.

And, if I may, a brief TV recap of the first part of the week. Alias still rocks. One of their best episodes Sunday night. I'm mad at the WB on how they left 7th Heaven and Angel Monday night. How long before we get new episodes again???!!! Buffy was heart breaking last night. Xander was an idiot. Next week's looks interesting, but I'm going to want them to get back to the Xander/Anya storyline. We'll see if they really do next week or if we have to wait longer. 24 was good. Not one of the most intense episodes, but they had to get some of that stuff out of the way. Next week looks interesting. And I very much want to know for sure what's going on with the wife. I hope it's not going where I think it's going.

And for anyone keeping track of our weather, it's cloudy and dark right now. It's trying to start raining, which we despirately need. I think we're 11 inches below normal right now. And with all the wind we've had, everything's so dry. Hope we get some more rain soon.

No comments: