Today's Friday Five looked like way too much fun for me to pass up. As if you'll be surprised.
1. What's your favorite TV show and why?
I'm going to cheat and give two. Both will have similar reasons.
A) All Time: Babylon 5. I still don't consider myself a huge sci-fi fan. But this show is a political drama set in space. The story builds on itself so much that by the time you're in season 4, it's really hard to come in in the middle. But it can be done. Trust me, I did it! When TNT started in on the reruns, I wound up recording every episode. The characters grow over the series so much they feel like friends. Love that show.
B) Current: Alias. This show hooked me because of the complex plotting and real characters. Ok, so it's got a lot of fantasy behind it. But the show is building in such a strong way that I can't get enough. Again, taping every episode. Gives me a reason to look forward to Sunday nights when I used to dread them.
2. Who is your favorite television star? Easy one. Jennifer Garner. She's beautiful, athletic, and can convencingly play the entire range of emotions. She's enough reason to watch Alias all by herself. (But her co-stars are great, too.) She deserved her Golden Globe for Best Actress in a TV Drama. Unfortunately, she's also married. :)
3. What was your favorite TV show as a child? Little child? Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood. Didn't really watch TV again until I was an adult.
4. What show do you think should have been cancelled by now? Just Shoot Me. I've watched it about 5 times, and it's just dumb.
5. What new show do you hope escapes the axe this season? Since I already know Alias is coming back, guess I can't answer that one. :) And frankly, I only want 24 to come back if they don't ruin the show. So I guess my answer will be Baby Bob. I'm finding it very enjoyable. It doesn't quite have it's stride yet, but I think it'll get better as they find their voice.
Ok, so that's done. Now, on to what I was going to blog about today.
Last night was a blast. I met up with a couple Trixie friends. We had a blast at City Walk. I hadn't been there for 5 years, so there were parts that were like the blind leading the blind. We found a very delicious Italian restaurant to eat at, then went bowling. When we weren't wandering around pretending like we knew what we wanted to do. What to see some pictures? Then go here, thanks to Gabi.
I also have to comment on Survivor last night. YES!!!! I can't believe how stupid the alliance was at the challenge. It was obvious to everyone what was going on. They just signed their own eviction notices. And I'm glad they started with John. I'm hoping that next week is Tammy, followed by Sean. Still don't like him and want him to go packing. Either way, the game just got very interesting. And the look on Tammy's face when she heard the final vote was priceless.
Tonight? Looks like it'll be just me and The WB. Actually, I'll probably skip out after Sabrina. After all, I think I already know that the "mystery" caller is Joey Lawrence. Too many clues on their web site. :) But tomorrow is another day of ultimate. 8 AM again. Hopefully we'll play as well as a team like we did the second game last week. If we do that, we'll be unstoppable.