Friday, April 05, 2002

A day late, but I'd like to start off by doing my Thursday Threesome for the week.

Onesome. Love. Ever felt that "unconditional love"? Tell us about it....
Most certainly by my parents. It's wonderful knowing they're behind me no matter what. But I'd have to say the biggest would be form God. The fact that He loves me even on days when I don't love myself just blows my mind.

Twosome. Labors. What was your first paying job (not counting baby-sitting)?
Hmm, that would probably go for yardwork, too, right? (That was my first paying job. Worked weekly for a neighbor for 8 years.) First paying job otherwise was helping to teaching ballroom dance as part of the Nordquist Jr. Dance Club. That was a lot of fun. My first summer job was at Windsor Water Works as a water slide operator. That wasn't nearly as much fun as it sounds like.

Threesome. Lost. Have a knack for losing things? Is there something you lose "all the time"?
As disorganized as I normally am, I usually know where stuff is. So I really can't think of something I loose that much.

So, why am I late doing this? Because I was home sick again yesterday. I didn't even go to Bible Study Wednesday night. I still can't shake this cough. I heard this morning that if this is what's been going around, the fever comes and goes and it takes forever to get rid of it and the cough. Just what I don't want.

You want to hear the ironic part? I have this book I've been dieing to get my hands on and all day to read it, but I don't crack the cover all day. I spent the day watching reruns of Murder, She Wrote, Honey I Shrunk the Kids - the TV Show, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, and tapes I have at home of You Can't Do That on Television and Wonder Woman. Fun, but doesn't get the book read.

I'm planning to skip ultimate tomorrow morning and see if I can't shake this thing.

Not my week on reality TV. The people I was rooting for most of Amazing Race and Survivor got voted off.

I was flipping to news channels a lot yesterday, too. Mainly it just made my blood boil. Am I missing something major? I don't see much difference between the position Israel is in and the position we were in after September 11th. And before anyone says what the new media says, the Palestinians keep giving up their rights to the land and rights to be heard by their past actions. If they can act like grown ups to Israel, then I'll start considering supporting their claims. But I've study the history too much to give them much credence right now. Seems to me like right now we're proving the old saying "Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it." Unfortunately, President Bush is caught between a rock and a hard place politically. He has to do what he's doing to avoid World War 3 (a sequel I can go without seeing). I understand what he's doing, but I don't support it. I did find it interesting that any Arabs I saw being interviewed yesterday avoided all their questions or just pointed the finger back. And I'll agree that Israel is not 100% perfect, but no country is during a war. And that's ultimately what's going on here. Probably my favorite was the guy I saw being interview who would shout down the other person being interviewed whenever that person starting to make a point. Seems to me like he felt he had something to hide.

Stepping off my soap box now. For the time being, anyway.

Meant to post this Wednesday and forgot. This comic from a couple weeks ago describes me in a collection mindset perfectly.

Well, breaks over. Need to get back to inputting credit card receipts. Why do I have to be sick this week when I've got so much work to get done?

No comments: