Thursday, April 25, 2002

Here's today's Thursday Threesome. Brought to you today by Clint Eastwood and The Back Porch. (BTW, Deb, that was no fair copying me. I was planning on starting to do this. How dare you! :) )

Onesome. The Good. Read a good book lately? Recommend a recent read - as well as your favorite book of all time....
I'm currently reading Murder in Four Part Harmony. I'm enjoying it, but it's obviously a first novel. Needs just a tad more polish. Recent reads I enjoyed include The Stones of Jerusalem, Fool's Puzzle, Blueberry Muffin Murder, and The Chocolate Cat Caper. Favorite book of all time is harder. I loved The Bronze Bow. And that was even a school assignment, but I'm not sure if it was a favorite. Also loved The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, but again, is it a favorite? Of the books I've discovered recently, a favorite author would be Jerrilyn Farmer. Her first book is Sympathy for the Devil. And I must include my favorite Trixie of all time, The Gate House Mystery. Can you tell I love book?

Shameless plug coming. If you want to keep up with what I'm reading and enjoying, check out my about you page at Amazon. Link is also at the bottom of my links list.

Twosome. The Bad. Was it so bad that you couldn't watch anymore? Tell us about a bad movie - did you leave or suffer through it? (Videos can count, too)
This will be pretty revealing. I walked out of Dead Man on Campus. Managed to sit through a rental showing of Blair Witch Project. Hated it. Didn't particularly enjoy O Brother, Where Art Thou? either. Don't like Armeggedon, but that might have something to do with the fact that I was fighting food poisoning when I first watched it.

Threesome. And The Ugly. And then things turned ugly.... Oh, have a day (or date) seem to go so horribly wrong it can only be described as "ugly"? Tell us all about it...
October 31, 1992. Senior year of high school. Several of my friends dressed up as hypocritical priests. That really hurt. Then I found out they'd hired the English teacher I knew I didn't want to teach my class. Remember a couple weeks back when I mentioned "Learning to Trust" as my favorite song? This was the day it happened. I'd caught it on the radio that morning before school and it was stuck in my head all day. Really helped me deal with everything. And God was at work. I'll have to share the rest of that story sometime.

But for now, I think I've said enough. Time to post this and get some work done.

No comments: