Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Happy New (Fiscal) Year

I can't let a July 1st go by without my annual accountant joke. So hope you all had a happy new fiscal year last night!

Sunday, I got down to Santa Monica to play ultimate Frisbee on the beach. The tempurature was nice, but there was a strong and steady wind blowing the entire time. Frankly, it got a little frustrating because any time I tried to touch the disc, it got blown away from me or the person I was trying to throw it to.

On the plus side, the water was great afterward.

In other news, looks like I am back in the roommate market big time. One roommate had already told me he was moving out the end of July. He's got a new job based in another town. Last night, the other roommate told me he was moving out, too. So I am trying to figure out ways to scrimp and save money in case it takes me a while to find roommates. Not that I've ever gone more than a month without roommates before. But it is always scary looking down the pipe and seeing a huge chunk of my monthly income cut off. Some day I'll learn to trust God for all this stuff completely. I'd like to think I'm getting better, but it sure doesn't feel like it.

No comments: