Friday, July 11, 2008

Fitness Can Take a Lot Out of You

This year, I've been pretty serious about getting into something remotely resembling shape. This spring, I was walking or running every day. And I've been pretty consistent about hitting the fitness center here at work three days a week.

This week, I took off in a different direction, however. I'd noticed a few people who seemed to be working out together every time I was in there. Finally, Monday I jumped into a conversation they were having with someone and invited myself to join them as well.

Let me tell you, these work outs are intense. If you'd like to see what we are doing, go here. I am so incredibly sore. I've already done today's workout. It was fast and easy. But I think I'm doing worse than I was earlier this week!

I've done four of the work outs this week. The only day I took off was Wednesday for my ultimate Frisbee game. If my body ever adjusts, I think I'll be happy.

Speaking of my game, we lost yet again. So I think we're officially below 50% now. We scored the first point, then fell way behind again. We did manage to come back in the second half and tie it up at 10's, but we let them score the next five points unanswered.

And we had a low turnout again. Four subs total all night. I hope we get the vacationers back soon.

On the plus side, I did score our final point. The one that tied it up. My first point so far this season. I hope it isn't my last.

My friends Konrad and Carol are in town this weekend. Haven't seen them since they moved to Colorado two years ago. Can't wait to see them again.

No comments: