Monday, March 08, 2004

Happy birthday to me!!!

Today's been a good day. I've had lots of people wish me a happy birthday. My co-workers actually remembered, and I've got the left over cake to go home tonight for a little extra desert. Think I'll buy some ice cream on the way home. :) I've also gotten lots of birthday greetings at Zap's and Jix, plus a few e-mail birthday cards. And Jeff called from Idaho to wish me a happy birthday. Donald e-mailed, too. Tonight, I'll be talking to my family. And then probably doing my taxes. You see, that's to make up for what I didn't do yesterday.

Instead of doing something productive, I headed down to Santa Monica and played ultimate on the beach again. I almost didn't go because it's been windy here the last few days. But it was positively wonderful down there. Probably high 70's or low 80's. The faintest hint of a breeze. Absolutely perfect. I stayed until sun set and then came back home. I was tired when I got back, so I didn't do anything too critical.

This is probably the most I've run at one time in weeks. And it was over the sand. Can we say sore today? But it was so completely worth it. I'd do it again in a heart beat if I could. Which I might. With Sunday evening service starting when we normally would start practice, I may play hooky from church the rest of the Sunday evenings this month and do it again. It's just too much fun and I really hardly ever have this chance.

Beside, one of my goals this year is to actually be tan, not just a farmer's tan. This seems like a great way to do just that. My other goal is to loose the extra weight I carry around so I'll look great while being tan. That doesn't seem to be happening, and it doesn't help that the fitness center is closed all week. :( Stupid spring break!


I saw this on a couple different web sites today and thought I'd have a go at it. Not that surprised at my ultimate outcome. I wonder if they have any outcomes where the man lives or the woman isn't widowed?


You are a Schoolmaster!
- A Snapshot of your life as it might have been in 1905

Education
You go to the local school in the village and then to Durham University. You're the first person in your family to go to university.

Career Prospects
Through a mixture of hard work and intelligence you do well in your work as a schoolmaster. You receive a pension but don't live to enjoy it as you're killed in the First World War.

Leisure Time
You enjoy inviting neighbours in for tea but you have your main meal (meat and vegetables) in the evening. You go to church regularly and are on the parochial Church Council, as well as being an active supporter of the local Conservative club. You go to theatre and musical concerts in the local market town when there is something worth seeing and you always buy the best seats.

Living Conditions
You live in a village and employ three domestic servants who live with you: a cook, a maid and a scullery maid. You believe that your wife has better things to do than household chores.

Marital Relations
You marry your wife when you're 25 – she is a friend of your family and goes to the local church.

World War One
At the outbreak of World War One you feel it's your duty to join the army as a non-commissioned officer. You rise quickly to the rank of company sergeant major. You're killed in the trenches at Ypres in 1917.

No comments: