Monday, March 29, 2004

Forgive me if I'm a bit distracted today, but I got absolutely wonderful news today. (In a shallow kinda way.)

Wonder Woman is coming to DVD. Now I bet you didn't realise I was a fan boy of WW, but I am. She is my favorite superhero bar none. And I just love the TV series in a cheesy sorta way. I never expected the series to hit DVD and haven't seen it in ages, so you can bet I'm not counting the days until June 29th. So far it's just season 1, and I'm not as big a fan of the WWII stuff on the show, but I'll take it. And, hopefully, this means seasons 2 and 3 will follow. The problem is this will make me want to perfect my Wonder Woman triwl again. Something tells me it would freak my roommates out. :)

Now, if they'll just follow suit with The Greatest American Hero, I'd be walking on air.

I told you it was shallow.

Well, I survived the weekend (just in case you haven't figured it out yet.) I'm sure the kids hate me worse the they used to because I was constantly harping on them to go to sleep Friday night (granted it was after midnight) and then trying to keep them together in a group when we were walking all over town.

Maybe I should back up and explain what we did to you.

Our activity for the month was "24 Hours of Missions." We met at the church Friday night and had some special speakers on missions and specific countries plus a movie (that we spead out over the entire 24 hours.) Then we slept.

We got up early Saturday morning (like 6 AM) to catch the Metrolink (commuter train) to downtown LA. There, we went to Olvera street (Hispanic culture) and Little Tokyo and explored while getting stuff for a scavenger hunt and trying new foods. After lunch, we headed to Pasadena on another commuter train, then took a bus to the Center for World Missions. After a tour there, we had dinner and headed home for our final wrap up.

The kids seemed to get more out of it then I did. Then again, they weren't preoccupided with keeping track of six kids at all times. :)

Yesterday, I headed back to Santa Monica one last time for ultimate on the beach. So far, I'm not even a little sore. I'll let you know if I'm limping like normal tomorrow.

Of course, with all this going on, I didn't get much beyond the half way point of High Rhymes and Misdemeanors. Which is a real shame because I'm loving it. We'll see how far I get tonight.

Is this the only quiz I'm missing right now? I'm sure I'll find more tomorrow. :)

My top spots to live:

1) Hickory, NC
2) Jacksonville, FL
3) Norfolk, VA
4) Tulsa, OK
5) Charleston, SC
6) Ocala, FL
7) Biloxbi, MS
8) Clarksville, TN
9) Gainesville, FL
10) Greenville, SC

And the list goes on like that. Me thinks they are a tad biased toward the East Coast since I said I didn't want to deal with humidity and I wanted to live in the Pacific area, but they still gave me all selections from the deep south.

And I thought I was happy here in Southern CA. :)

No comments: