Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Today seems like a good day for a random events in Mark's world post.

Today was Grpop's birthday. Still miss him.

Remember when I first talked about the grocery worker's going on strike? They finally went back to work yesterday. A mere five months later. I don't know what the final settlement was, but I know the grocery workers aren't completely happy cause they're talking about "Being glad to be earning money again." What's really interesting about this is that for the last few weeks, no one's been in front of the Albertson's I've been visiting. It's like they forgot to show up with their signs or something. But frankly, I'm just glad it's over.

Last semester, the billboard where I turn to go to work was an advertisement for "The Adult Zone," an adult book/gift store here in town. Naturally, all the students at this Christian college thought that was hillarious. But I just love the irony of this semester's billboard. Someone has paid to post a simple gospel message, including scripture references on the exact same billboard. Much more appropriate, but I find the change highly amuzing.

Anyone else scared by Kerry's promise to steal more of my money again? We dont' need to raise taxes, trust me. I have yet to see a "tax increase on the rich only," so I know I'll be it hard if they raise taxes at all. I like being able to spend my own money, thank you very much. Don't think it's the government's business to take it from. I don't work for them, I work for me.

Thanks in large part to Eric and Mary, I have more then enough questions for Donald's party. Did I do anything about getting in touch with Heather to get them answered? Of course not. But I feel so much better then I did last night at this time.

I got Avalon's new CD today. I'm really enjoying it.

Meanwhile, I've been waiting all day for my vote total at Amazon to turn over to 1900. I've missed 1700 and 1800 because I wasn't at the computer. Looks like I'll miss 1900, too. Hopefully, I can see 2000! You'll certainly hear about it when I pass that milestone in helpful votes.

Today's quiz, thanks, as always, to Aleta. (If it weren't for her, who would I have to steal quizzes from?)

It isn't a poem
Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema.
"I don't care. If it doesn't rhyme, it isn't
a poem."
You are a type A personality. You like bright
things, you don't call in sick to work, and you
have devastating opinions about art.


Which Weird Latin Phrase Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

Scarily enough, I think this almost fits me. And the answers were rather random, too. :)

No comments: