Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Yesterday may have been my birthday, but today was my day for getting things.

First off, I got my birthday present from my family today. They had ordered stuff from Christian Book Distributors. 4 CD's and a book! I feel like I hit the jackpot! I've listened to all the CD's, and I love them.

Not only that, but I got a used CD I'd ordered last week. In the early 90's, there was a popular Christian group called Acappella. Unfortunately, when I decided to get the three projects I really liked on CD, only two of them were available. I finally found someone selling the third CD for a reasonable price last week, so naturally, I snatched it up in a heartbeat. It was wonderful to listen to it again this afternoon. I'm thrilled to have it again.

Then, when I got home from work, I had Green Streak waiting for me. When I read Red Card last year and reviewed it, one of the authors got in contact with me. A few months ago, he asked if I wanted a free copy of the this second book to review. Free book of something I intended to buy anyway? You bet!

BTW, if anyone is looking for a great combo of mystery and sports story for kids to read, this series is it. Heck, the first book won the Agatha award last year for young adult mystery. Can't wait to read the sequel. This uncle/nephew writing team is great!

So, can anyone tell me why I get different screens when I log into blogger from work and home? There, I get a screen with and open window at the top and the last few posts underneath in case I want to edit. Here, I have to go to a different page to "manage posts" and I have to preview my posts before I can publish them. I don't have to do that at work. It is because I'm using an ancient edition of Internet Explorer? That's about the only thing I can think of, but even that makes no sense to me.

Of course, by searching to find a way to fix this, I did find out I can have blogger automatically bing for me when I publish. It's nice not to have to do it manually. Wonder how long I've been missing that. I also discovered I can now title my posts. Just need to figure out how to get that to work right.

I have got to call about my dryer. Just took two cycles to dry my clothes, and I'm just starting a second load. So much for going to bed early tonight.

Got up and ran this morning. My legs were killing me all day, but they're feeling better tonight. Of course, I had Del Taco (fast food) and ice cream tonight. I'm not going to loose and weight that way. And I really do want to loose some weight by this summer.

But right now, I have some clothes to hang up.

No comments: