Friday, March 05, 2004

Spring break starts at the college tomorrow. Can't believe the semester is already half over.

I got great news from the convention Wednesday night. Jeremiah, who graduated in May, is going to be back in town the week after during his Spring break. It'll be wonderful to see him again.

We finished up season 3 of Babylon 5 Wednesday night. Coupled with the ending of Enterprise, it was quite a cliffhanger night.

I am so ready to be home, it's not even funny. My mine is long gone, it case you hadn't noticed. :)

Worship went OK last night. The new to us songs we were trying to do were what tripped us up. If it weren't for those, we would have done much better.

I only have about 30 pages left in my book. For the most part, I've enjoyed A Farewell to Legs. It's been as funny as the first Aaron Tucker mystery was, For Whom the Minivan Rolls. I just love Aaron's sarcasim. I do have a couple complaints about it, however.

The murder victim is a conservative lobbiest in Washington. Nothing wrong with that. Except we are treated to horrible conservative characters. We aren't all that evil!!!!! Heck, I'd like to say that some of us aren't even evil. :) Of course, the liberal characters are fine, and the main characters narration makes it even worse. I've pretty much been able to ignor this and brush it aside, but it does bug me.

My much more series complaint is that the timeline is horrid. I thought the events took place over a couple weeks, but suddenly we find out it's been over a month! I can't see how I lost two weeks in there at all. And that's not to mention the little things, like the kids in school on Saturday and Sunday. The four day weekend that suddenly became a three day weekend. Not to mention his plans to interview some suspects on Saturday that suddenly turned into Sunday with no explanation. You can just ask Jennie, this is a huge pet peeve of mine. And it's simple to fix, a good edit is all it would have taken.

Still, I've enjoyed it and I can't wait to see how it ends tonight. Hopefully before the Just for Fun at the Duron's.

No comments: