Friday, May 31, 2002

See what I mean? Here I have a ton of stuff to do, and what do I spend time doing? Changing the side of my blog like I've been wanting to do for a while. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

Wednesday night was not what we were expecting. Summer has definately hit. We had 6 jr. highers and just a few more high schoolers. They were asked to watch the kids for the parents that were in the AWANA awards appreciation dinner, so it was just jr. high all night. In stead of doing the stuff that Seth had picked out, we just did requests. And we did a good job of staying together and acting like we knew what we were doing. It's much harder to be spontaneous leading a group singing when there are three of you leading then when there is only one.

Last night, Jeff and I played National Parks Monopoly after he got home. It was certainly lining up for him to win, but then I got the first "tents" (houses) up, he started to pull back in fear, and I wound up winning. Which resulted in a trip to the pool for me. I think we're going to keep that tradition from last week going. Tonight's game is Risk, which I've never played the real way before (Jon Hoglan had a modified version we played with the jr. highers). I'm thinking tonight will be Jeff's turn.

And I put the bed I brought back from my parent's together. We're just going to leave it as a seperate bed right now, which means that the upstairs will be pretty crowded. But it'll definately work.

And this wouldn't be a post from me if I didn't memtion The Mole. I'm glad that ABC has finally brought it back (Tuesday night). I really enjoy this particular reality show. Although the producers are really being mean and toying with the players this time. And I'm glad they are airing the few they aired in the fall again. I missed the first episode, and have forgotten some of what happened in the other two(?) I saw.

BTW, I saw a quote from J. J. Abrams, the creator of Alias this week. He says that season one is the background, the real story starts in season two. Everyone will have major story archs. I definately can not wait. And that means that if you haven't been watching the first season of the best show on television (like if you were watching the final season of this thing I've heard of called The X-Files), then you really, really, really need to start watching the reruns so you know what's going on come fall. Sundays on ABC (although not this week. :( ) And Friday on ABC Family.

Okay, commercials over. Can you tell I like this series?

No comments: