Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday Threesome for June 26th

This week's edition is brought to us by something my team didn't have last night and The Back Porch.

Onesome: "Guts"-- sometimes can determine the outcome: whoever digs in and plays through the injuries and circumstances. What is your favorite memory of someone or a team driving past adversity to win the big one?
Considering I'm looking forward to diving in the Olympics again this year, Greg Luganos (or however it is spelled.) The fact that he came back from hitting his head to win double gold in 1988 will always stand out in my mind.

Twosome: ...and-- what brought that question on? The local team won the College World Series last night, winning every elimination game possible to advance as the lowest seed ever to win a National Title. No question, just kudos to them. Okay, easy question: did you hear anything about the games where you are?
The college world series was played recently?

Threesome: Determination-- helps in life: what have you accomplished through sheer determination that will remain with you as a bright spot in your life?
It may sound like nothing to some people, but my standing in the various review communities. That's taken a lot of work over a long period of time, and I am proud of where I am.

2 comments:

Kiefler said...

I heard about the Twosome, because the "local team" was from Fresno, so my mom has been keeping me up to date on the proceedings.

Fresno State now holds the dubious record of the Winner of the national championships, who has the most season losses in the same season.

Mark Baker said...

The won the national championship. What more do you want? :)