Friday, June 20, 2008

Spring Reading Thing Wrap Up

Well, with summer upon us (and we can tell by the temps here in Southern California), I guess it's time to see how I did on my reading list. (All links will lead to my review of the book on Epinions.)

Books Read:
Caught in a Bind by Gayler Roper
A Tisket, a Tasket, a Fancy Stolen Casket by Fran Rizer
Feint of Art by Hailey Lind
Primitive Secrets by Deborah Turrell Atkinson
The Elusive Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman
Killer Mousse by Melinda Wells
The Black Dove by Steve Hockensmith
Curse of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz
Caught Redhanded by Gayle Roper
Tell Me, Pretty Maiden by Gayler Roper
Night Light by Terri Blackstock
Killing Bridezilla by Laura Levine
Murder is Binding by Lorna Barrett
Your Chariot Awaits by Lorena McCourtney
Final Curtain by R. T. Jordan
Mr. Monk Goes to Germany by Lee Goldberg
Pushing Up Daisies by Rosemary Harris
Hell for the Holidays by Chris Grabenstein

Books Read Not on List:
none

Book Started Not Finished:
Blood Matters by Taffy Cannon

Books Not Read:
Mosaic by Amy Grant
Relentless by Robin Parrish
Murder in Grub Street by Bruce Alexander
Death in Paradise by Carolyn Hart
Stalking the Puzzle Lady by Parnell Hall
Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann

Observations:

I've just barely started, but the books left over from my Fall Reading list have now been started.

Even with six books not read, I got much further than I ever thought I would. Credit goes to my flights to and from Hawaii. I got four books read during that trip. I figure I average four books a month, so the 18 books read during these 3 months is outstanding for me.

My favorite book read during the Spring was Curse of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz. My least favorite was Pushing Up Daisies by Rosemary Harris with Killer Mousse by Melinda Wells being a close second.

And I promise, for those of you looking for something about my life, I will get back to blogging about that next week.

2 comments:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Good job, Mark! 18 books is great and I've added several books from your list to my to-be-read pile. You always have a good selection.

Mark Baker said...

Thanks. I hope you enjoy the books you picked.