Friday, June 06, 2008

Since Hawaii

I feel like I should have a nice, long, newsy post about my life since Hawaii. After all, it's been two and a half weeks since I got back. But there isn't much to report.

On Memorial Day, Angelique and I went to see the new Indiana Jones movie, which we enjoyed. Then I wound up at Kurt's playing his Wii.

I've been connecting with friends making sure they have my cell phone number. That's been a good excuse to get in touch with people I should keep in touch with more often. I've really enjoyed that.

This last weekend, I went down to Santa Monica and played Ultimate Fresbee on the beach. It was a little windier then I thought it would be, but it turned out to be fun.

And Wednesday was the first Ultimate game of summer league. I'm on team purple this summer. I've only played with one of my teammates before. He was on my first summer league team, and it was his first summer, too. Anyway, Wednesday was cold, especially with the wind that was blowing for a while. (Which is funny, because now we're hitting 90 easy.) We started out trading points, then my team got ahead. We ended half 8-5.

In the second half, we got several more points before they started making up lost ground. By the time it was over, we won 15-12.

No one on my team is a beginner this year, which is a first. That will either make us too cocky and we'll start loosing, or it will help us and I'll be on another strong team. I was running harder than normal out there, and it felt good. I hope if I keep up my running and walking (which I haven't done this week) that maybe I would be as pathetic out there as I normally am. That would be nice. Not that I touched the disc this week. But it's a good start.

No comments: