Monday, June 16, 2008

Mini Review: Your Chariot Awaits

So, I've got a week to get the review done for the books I've read this Spring. And I'm still in May. So I'll be doing several of these this week.

Up today is Your Chariot Awaits by Lorena McCourtney

Andi McConnell is facing 60, but that's the best part of her week. Her job is downsized and her boyfriend dumps her. The only interesting thing to happen is her surprise inheritence from a long forgotten uncle, his limo. But even that turns into a downer when Andi finds a body in the trunk. Since the police are focusing on her, she teams up with her new friend, former star of a TV detective show, to find the killer.

The book is lots of fun with great characters. I absolutely loved them. And the idea of owning a limo has a certain appeal, even for this non-car guy.

The plot was uneven, however, often slowing down for time character time. Still, that was a minor complaint in a book I mostly enjoyed.

No comments: