Tuesday, May 03, 2005

How about an update?

I thought it was about time myself.

Friday night was career Bible study. And inspite of the fact that I intended to leave early, I was about the last to leave as always.

Saturday, in spite of my wishes, I woke up nice and early. So I got on the internet before going for a run and getting ready to leave for the day.

At 11 AM, I walked out the door. First stop was the theater, where I bought 7 tickets for Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Then I went to Kurt and Kellie's wedding. It was very nice and I wasn't ready to leave the reception three hours later. But I had to leave. Came back to campus, picked up Matt and Casey, and headed to the theater for the movie. We all loved it. Very funny and in the spirit of the book. Or at least what I remember of the book. After the movie was dinner at Johnny Rockets then Uno.

Did I mention that Josh and Bonnie were there? It had been over a year since I'd seen them, and it was wonderful to spend time with them and "meet" their son. Man, I've missed them!

Sunday was the usual church stuff. Master's College choral sang at church for the evening service, which was very nice. And for lunch Nick and I finally went out for my birthday. Almost two months late, but that's the way things turned out.

This week promises to be social week for me as I'm meeting some friends for lunch the rest of the week. Meanwhile, last night I took a couple friends out for dinner to say goodbye since they seem to think they can move to Phoenix. Plus, they'd had me over and taken me out to dinner, so I thought it was time I reciprocated.

Plus Donald was in town over night, so I headed over to his sister and bro-in-law's for a little while. Got to see pictures of his trip to Seattle. I've discovered the down side of digital cameras. People take more pictures then they would otherwise, so it takes longer to go through them. We also saw the first video of the baby that his sister is expecting in November. They're are positively thrilled about that, and it's wonderful to see.

Tonight promises to be my down night. So I hope to catch up on 24, watch extras on National Treasure, and catch tonight's TV shows. I had hoped to get a couple CD reviews written today, but it didn't happen. Maybe tomorrow?

Speaking of which, I've decided that the "Currently Listening to" list on the side is going away. I usually have about six CD's here in the office at any one time plus listen to two or three CD's in the car. It's just way too much work to even pretend to keep it up to date.

I was a bad boy today. On impulse, I bought the first season of the Bob Newhart show. Not even a super big fan, but a marginal one. I just couldn't pass up the price. If my common sense gets the better of me in a few days, I'll be taking it back. I'm not opening it until them. It's just so cheap for a set like that....

No comments: