Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Checking in

Frankly, I don't have a whole lot of news.

I've actually been on time to work all week. Something about needing to get Casey here on time, I suspect. Still, it's been nice to get an early start to my day.

And I've been reasonably productive, too. Not sure if I've gotten enough done to justify taking any extra time off tomorrow to go to the Donna Andrews signing, but I think I'm going to go for it anyway.

I'm down to 12 episodes of season 2 of Rocky and Bullwinkle! Considering it starts with 52, that's quite an occomplishment. I've been working on it off and on since September. Looking forward to getting through it and moving on to I Love Lucy Season 3.

Talked to Tom last night, and he and Chris get back from Kansas on the 31st. That's better but still not the smartest thing to do if you ask me. (And if you didn't intend to ask me, why are you reading my blog?)

And I'm way behind on my book blogging, aren't I? Maybe I should catch you up.

A Dime a Dozen another solid book by Mindy Starns Clark. The plotting was more even then previous books, but the final 100 pages wasn't the rush of plot twists the first two had.

Confessions of a Teen Sleuth is a Nancy Drew spoof that find her growing up and still solving mysteries over the years. Depressing at times, worth a read for the cameos of other teen sleuths.

While visiting Mom and Dad, I listened to Too Many Cooks and Murder at the Vicarage, both of which I enjoyed even if I found out later the second was an abridged version.

Finally, last night, I finished Keys to Death, the latest Booked for Travel Murder by Emily Toll. As with the others, the lack of investigation into the mystery bugs me, but the great characters and intriguing sub-plots keep me reading.

No comments: