Friday, September 10, 2004

Modern Technology is wonderful. When it works.

Yeah, it's been one of those 24 hours.

It started last night at youth group. We hadn't practiced Sunday since my parents were in town. I was doing laundry so got there late. Once Jared got there, we practiced. Things were looking great on our end.

However, no one could log into the computer we were supposed to use for the Powerpoint slides I'd created. We tried just about everything, but nothing worked. So we cut the first song and went ahead with the others hoping people would know them. I mean, we sing them enough.... We had mixed results, but it was the best I could do on short notice. Next week, I'm going to bring the songbooks as back up.

Watched the premier of Joey when I got home. It was a pilot episode. I'll give it a few more before I give up on it, but I wasn't completely hooked right off the bat. And NBC did their normal trick of not sticking to their stated times. I'm about ready to stop watching them because I'm sick of setting my VCR for 8-8:35 and not getting the end of a half hour show.

It was while doing laundry that I determined my dryer isn't fully drying clothes all the way again. And I was doing three rather small loads. I don't know what to do now.

Then today, I came into work to find out the AC wasn't working. It's now 83 in the office, steadily getting hotter from 77 all day. It's not so bad since I've got my shoes off right now, but it's still pretty bad.

In case you're wondering what I'm doing here so late, the career Bible study meets tonight just down the street from the college. Since it makes little sense to spend the hour I had on the road, I'm whining on my blog.

And now, I think I'm off to write a couple reviews.

No comments: