Friday, September 03, 2004

And So Ends Another Crazy Week

Remember when I used to post here 5 or 6 times a week?

Me, too.

It's been another crazy week in the life of Mark. Ready to hear about it?

Monday, the network here at work was hit by a virus big time. I was only able to work long enough to actually transfer money in our bank, but that was about it.

Tuesday was more of the same. Frankly, by Tuesday afternoon, I was very frustrated. With having been off last week and already being behind because of getting ready for the audit, I was swamped with work I needed to do and no time to do it.

Tuesday night I had an evidence of God being in control happen, however.

In trying to plan the Jr. high activity for the month, one option we've thrown out is Frisbee golf. So I headed out to the course in Sylmar to check it out. I got there and was looking around. Wanted to confirm my impression, so I went up to someone throwing some discs into a hole. Turned out he's the guy who's overseeing the course right now, so I was able to make a great connection. He happened to be there when I showed up on the spur of the moment. Now if I can just get back in touch and firm up details, it will be great.

Wednesday, the network was back up, at least for staff. But that was also the first day one of my co-workers switch departments. Her job has been farmed out, and I've got part of it. And part of that is stuff I've never done before, so I'm now trying to learn that. Frankly, today is the first day I managed to get to my July stuff that's been hanging over my head all week.

Yes, I'm looking forward to a long weekend, why do you ask? I need it. I feel like I've worked a week and a half since Sunday.

My parents are in town. Ok, technically, they're in Castaic, the town just north of here. I'm not sure what all we'll be doing, but I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend.

Hope you all have a great 3 day weekend! Or, if you aren't in the US, I hope you have a great regular weekend!

No comments: