Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Two TV Meme Tuesday

Today's topic seems to be TV no matter which quiz I look at.

I'll start with Mary, who graciously gave us another Tuesday Two this week. (And I'm still doing in on Tuesday according to my time zone.)

1. What fictional television moment evoked the biggest response in you?
I'm going to have to go with the first season finale of 24. Part of me couldn't believe what they'd done, but part of me knew it was the only way to go. It was powerful and great TV.

2. What non-fictional television moment, other than 911 (because I know this would probably be everybody’s answer!), evoked the biggest response in you?
I guess I'll go with Challenger. I really can't think of anything beyond 911 that has hit me that much that I have a good memory of.

And now, this week's TV Tuesday:

1. Commercials: Annoying disruption or Interesting Advertisement?
Annoying distruption, thanks for asking.

2. Is there a commercial that instantly has you reaching for the remote to mute it?
The Carl's Jr. commercials that had Heffner in them certainly weren't a favorite. Others are slipping my mind at the moment.

3. Jingles are one of the most useful tools in commercials, what's your favorite (or least favorite if you prefer)?
It's not a jingle per say, but I'm always saying "You can do it. We can help." Not that I ever need to quit smoking.

~Bonus~ Has a commercial actually ever influenced something you've done or bought?
I've tried stuff at various fast food restaurants that sounded good from the commercials. But that's about it.

And now it's off to bed. As soon as I finish this episode of Diagnosis Murder.

No comments: