Monday, June 07, 2004

Thoughts on a Monday

I FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that's correct, I finished the new songbooks over the weekend. At 1:30 Sunday morning to be exact. Total of 155 songs, so at least 60 new ones. To say I'm thrilled is an understatement. It's so nice to have them done.

Of course, now I need to work on the music binder for myself. But I have it together temporarily anyway. Did that Sunday morning. Don't think I'll worry about that for another couple weeks.

And I've already come up with one song I would like to have included. Maybe if the Duron girls (who are proofreading for me) come up with lots of corrections, I can put it in. I had it in, but I wasn't 100% sure about having it in, and thought it might mess me up space wise. Turned out I have about an extra half page, just perfect to slip it in. So we'll see if it happens or not.

If you've noticed, this post if pretty much about the song books. There's a reason for that. That's pretty much been my life for the last few days. Worked on it Tuesday through Thursday nights. Did go to 8th grade graduation first, Thursday night, however. For some reason, a one hour ceremony didn't seem so bad this year. Especially since I wasn't in the sun on metal folding chairs. :)

And Saturday I went to a high school graduation party for one of my former jr. highers. Nice to spend a little time catching up with his family since they've changed churches. Used to be friends with them before, but we seem to not have too much contact since. Isn't it sad how we seem to loose contact with people we don't see on a regular basis? We really should change that.

I can not believe the nerve of some people. Morbid curiosity brought me back to the Amazon Customer Review board Saturday to see how people there were reacting to President Reagan's death. The thread was quickly taken over by people who, "in good conscience can't say anything good about him at all." It's quickly sunk into a fight and one person promising to put someone else on ignor. Ok, so you don't have to love the guy. And I'll admit he wasn't perfect. But what's wrong with leaving a post like, "While I disagreed with the guy on many important things, I am sorry to hear he has died." Or ever not saying anything at all. Next week we could start discussing his legacy, but not right now. Is this really beyond understanding for some people?

As little respect as I have for Clinton, this is one time my hat is off to him. I didn't actually see what he had to say, but my understanding is that he has offered a nice tribute to the man. As have both Presidents Bush. That last one is more expected because of the family connection. I have seen clips of Kerry saying nice things. This is the attitude to take for the first few days. Later's the time to begin debating areas of disagreement.

My car is at the Honda dealership right now. Got the brakes and rotators replaced/cleaned today. Hopefully that part time squeek I've been hearing will be gone now. :)

And I think I want to get married and have kids. This really is something new for me. A month ago I would have told you that marriage would be nice and I really wasn't sure about kids. But something seems to have drastically changed over the weekend, and suddenly the idea of raising kids and spending the rest of my life with one woman sounds wonderful. Of course, it's not like I've met anyone, so this isn't something I can change overnight. But with a change in attitude like this, maybe it will change. Then again, maybe this decision won't last. :)

The flavor quiz, stolen from Aleta, who I think had it first.


What Flavour Are You? I taste like Peanut Butter.I taste like Peanut Butter.


I am one of the most blendable flavours; I go with sweet, I go with sour, I go with bland, I go with anything. I am practical and good company, but have something of a tendency to hang around when I'm not wanted, unaware that my presence is not welcome. What Flavour Are You?


I was rather liking this until the end there. :)

No comments: