Friday, August 29, 2003

Why must life be so complicated? Why, I ask you?

I asked the student who called me Tuesday to stop by on Wednesday so I could meet him. I'm still waiting. Meanwhile, looking him up on the Masternet facebook, I think he's living in the new dorm. Oops.

Meanwhile, I got a call from another guy looking to rent a whole room by himself. And willing to pay extra for it. He's a current student at the seminary. I'm all excited until he says, "I've had lots of roommates over the last few years, and I wouldn't live with any of them again." Naturally, this set alarm bells off in my head. But I think from asking around it's because he has had some bad roommates.

Of course, if this guy and the other guy both want to move it, what do I do with Marcus until he moves? But if just the seminary guy moves in, then Marcus and I can share the master bedroom until he moves out. And I start looking again.

Talking to OtherSeth last night, he's not going to be an option as a roommate. Which is too bad. But we had a good talk. He's talking about getting really involved in the guy's lives in the jr. high group. I think it'll be a good thing for everyone, and with a little leadership from him, I might jump in there, too. Someday, I'll work on being a leader and not a follower.

I wrote and submitted my 350th review at Amazon today! Only 50 more to go toward my goal of 400 by the end of the year. Not sure if I'll actually make it or not, but I think I will.

BTW, never trust Word. (And I should have known this a long time ago.) Everytime I write the word it's, Word always tried to correct it to its. Normally, I let it. But looking it up in the dictionary today, I discovered I was wrong to trust them. Someone help me out here. It's means it is. Its means belonging to it. Correct?

Nice relaxing weekend planned. Nothing going on. And I think I'm looking foward to that.

I'll end with my battle cry, found via Kathy. I think this fits me pretty well. (But I'll probably giggle the first dozen or so times I try to shout this, too.)

What Is Your Battle Cry?

Yea, verily: Who is that, striding through the terrain! It is Mark B, hands clutching buzzsaw hand extensions! And with a booming bellow, his voice cometh:

"I'm seriously going to pound you beyond your expiration date!!!"

Find out!
Enter username:
Are you a girl, or a guy ?

created by beatings : powered by monkeys

No comments: