Thursday, August 14, 2003

Thursday morning, must be time for the Thursday Threesome, brought to us this week by Edgar Allen Poe, your local music store, and The Back Porch.

Onesome- Sound loves: What’s your favourite song? Is there a history behind it or do you just like it because it’s great?
Any faithful reader of my blog knows the answer to this one. “Learning to Trust” by David Meece is by far my favorite. It’s a great reminder to me that I need to trust in God, but that trusting in Him is a process that I will grow into all my life. And the plea at the end to trust more is a great prayer. A close second, and becoming more so all the time, is Rich Mullins’ “Hold Me Jesus.” Just a simple prayer of surrender to God.

Twosome- To revel: What’s your idea of the perfect party tunes? Some jazz to keep things jumpin’? Rock to keep everyone dancing? Or a mix of everything to make everyone happy?
Probably something instrumental. Background music that won’t interfere with conversations or whatever else is going on.

Threesome- In a summer night: It’s a mellow summer night, you’re on your own and you’re ready to load the CD player. What’s on your playlist? Remember, there's no one around to say "Ewww, gross!" *grin*
Whatever sounds good to me at the time from my collection. Although, right now, sticking some Christmas music in sounds good to me. And I’m late getting started this year since it’s August and not July.

No comments: