Friday, August 01, 2003

What a ride the last 48 hours have been!

Phil has been, and I have been a little bit, working on reconciling an account. I thought when I finally posted yesterday I had everything figured out. Came in this morning to discover that things weren't any better after all. But Phil had a break through this morning and between doing deposits for two people out on vacation, we got the problem solved.

Yep, I got to be a very busy me and Jim and Elizabeth this morning. And, for whatever reason, I was half asleep. Can't figure out for sure why.

That all changed when I finally went to lunch about one. And it involves condos, so I guess I should start with last night.

Yesterday, I had called my realtor to talk about taking a place that didn't have laundry in unit. We agreed to meet after work at look at several units in a complex here in Newhall. I like the complex and the layout is fine, I just kept having problems about them. First, I think I was really disappointed with the loss of washer and dryer. Second, there are currently six units on the market from that complex, and I just couldn't see for sure why. After Bible study, I went over and signed the papers to make an offer, offering several thousand below asking (a first!) But I just kept worrying about it.

So, when my agent called and told me we'd had a counter-offer, I wasn't exactly disappointed. But I was in a real bind not knowing what to do. I was on my way out the door to lunch, so I went home. I'd been there all of about 5 minutes when she called to tell me that a unit had opened up in the complex I really like. Complete with garage and washer and dryer. So we rushed over there. Then she spent the rest of the afternoon waiting to talk to the lender while I worked. Signed an offer about 4 PM, so we'll see what happens. Already in a multiple offer situation. Meanwhile, I've let the offer on the other condo go (didn't sign the counter.)

I think the adrenilen rush is leaving as I'm suddenly getting tired. Meanwhile, I have to stay up tonight because Donald is coming to town and staying with me, and is probably just now leaving the Bay Area. He and Heather are coming down for a wedding and won't be getting in until late.

I don't think I'll be able to wait until tomorrow to find out about this offer. I hate this pins and needles stuff.

Going to finish off with a quizz from Aleta.



What magazine am I?

I am Book: There is nothing better then the written word. Nothing engrosses me more then a masterpiece on paper. If you want to watch COPS you can always dig my TV out of the dumpster.

What magazine am I?


Why does this not surprise me?

Have a good weekend. I'll try to pop in and let you know what happens next in this saga.

No comments: