Monday, August 18, 2003

I am HOT! (And I don't just mean my looks.) The A/C has been off most of the afternoon so they could replace a belt. Makes me wish I were home because I could be in shorts there sitting in front of a fan. Here, I have to wear long pants and there are no fans. :(

So, have I kept you in suspense long enough about the condo? I decided to go for it. I think I can keep roommates. In six years, I've only been without roommates for one month. And if I keep a close watch on my money, even if I have no one, I should be ok for a month or two.

Yesterday, I spent all day in the sun. It was the end of season ultimate Frisbee tournament. AND TEAM BLACK WON!!!!!!! We played four games in 100 degree heat. Needless to say, I was tired when I got home last night. The first three teams we played (and eliminated) were the three teams we lost to during the season. I got my standard play time, but at least my captain was polite about it. There were a few points where they were purposely not guarding me, and we took full advantage of that. And I actually made it work pretty well. Only turned it over twice, but made up for it by not turning it over again later the same point. :) Heck, I even didn't make a fool of myself in the finals (which everyone usually stays around and watches.)

We only get bragging rights, but I've taken full advantage of it. I even told my realtor when I called her last night with my decision. :)

I was actually on the team that won in 2000 (my second year), but I wasn't there that day. I'd often wondered if there was a connection, but I guess not! :)

No comments: