Thursday, August 28, 2003

Running late again, but here I am with this week's Thursday Threesome. This week brought to us by the American Dream (ok, so I have no idea what to put here) and The Back Porch.

Onesome: Health- A loved one dies unexpectedly. You're the next of kin. Do you donate whatever organs are useful, or does the idea freak you out? Should someone have planned ahead?

Of course. If some good can come of this tragedy, I’d be very happy.

Twosome: Wealth- Your beloved Great Aunt Fern dies and leaves you two million dollars (after taxes!). But there's a catch. You have to spend it all in 24 hours. Buying stocks and bonds doesn't count and there's a $500,000 limit on a new home. You may give some of the money to charity, but don't use it as a cheat to make it work out. How would you spend the money?

I would of course buy a house. I’d love to have that kind of money to put down on a house. I’d plan an elaborate funereal and pay for a vacation or two for all my friends. (Kyrie had better plan on lots of people at Trixie camp next year.)

Threesome: Happiness- John F. Kennedy defined happiness as "The full use of your powers along lines of excellence." What is your definition of happiness? Have you attained it?

Working hard at what God has given me to do. Doing the best with what I have. No, I don’t think I’ve attained it. Either that or I loose site of the objective. Either one can be hazardous to happiness.

No comments: