Wednesday, August 13, 2003

In my long post from yesterday, I never actually posted about yesterday. Oops!

We got hit by the worm virus going around yesterday. Kept shutting my computer down every 5 minutes of so. If it wasn't annoying, it would have been funny. But the MIS department was able to fix mine and the others in the department that were affected and work proceeded as normal. Just later.

And one of our donors went through his closet and gave a bunch of clothes to be given to employees. Fortunately, I'm the right size, so I got three very nice suits out of the deal. They'll need to be shortened a tad, but that's not bad at all for the price! And they look practically brand new. I really needed a suit. I may only wear one once a year or so, but it'll be nice to have one that fits now.

The trip to the beach went well last night. Just got back about midnight, much later then we had intended to. I guess the person they had filling in for me as worship leader (who had left by the time I got there) wasn't very good at guitar at all, so everyone was thrilled to see me back. Then we tried to play capture the flag on the beach. Don't ever try. First of all, jr. highers can barely play the game anyway. Second, there was way too much space for them to get lost. The fact that we got all the kids back was a major miracle. It works at church, but doesn't really work in that much area. But the full moon was beautiful.

Ok, as promised, I'm now doing Mary's Tuesday Two.

1. What is your all-time favorite joke?

Well, there are two I've been telling for years. Don't know if I have a favorite, but they did come to mind.

An alien lands in front of a gas station. (At this point, I'm often interrupted several times. But moving on....) Addressing one of the pumps, he says, "Take me to your leader." He repeats the command three of four times. Finally he yells, "I think you could hear me better if you took your tail out of your ear."

Henry Ward Beecher received a note after one of his messages. It had one word on it - Fool. The next week, he commented on it to his congregation. "I've received many notes where the person wrote the note and forgot to sign their name. But this is the first note I've received where the person signed their name and forgot to write the note."

Just thought of a third. As a pastor was closing his message, he told his congregation, "I want you all to read Mark 17 as background for next week's sermon." When he got up the next week, he asked who had read it. Every hand went up. "Good. You're the people I want to talk to. My subject is lying, and there is no Mark chapter 17."

2. Be honest now…have you ever laughed so hard you’ve pee’d in your pants?
I've laughed so hard I couldn't breath. I've laughed so hard I cried. I've laughed so hard it hurt. But I've never laughed so hard I pee'd my pants.

No comments: