Monday, October 28, 2002

WE WON, WE WON, WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!! (What do you mean you didn't see me on the field over the weekend.) I just have to point out to all you Giants fans out there that they've lost the last two times they made the World Series. First to my A's (which I always support. Considering that I don't support teams anyway.) And I've wanted the Angels to win for years so they'd get some respect. Of course, it'll probably be the same respect the A's get. I can vividly remember being in Santa Rosa in the early 90's and being told how stupid I was to root for the A's over the Giants. Of course, I had to point out that the A's had made three World Series in a row. While they only won one of those, it was the Giants they beat. That shut up my opponents pretty quickly. :)

Found out at the SNYF last night. Major rejoicing all around. Of course, my parents are calling me a traitor since I've been rooting for the Angels. Frankly, I don't really care.

Had a quiet, relaxing weekend. Nice for a change. Played ultimate frisbee at the picnic with the career groups from Placerita and Grace Saturday. Got new pants from Mervyn's during their sale. Did two loads of laundry. Really exciting, blog worthy stuff.

Did agree to make a temporary change that will make Shana very happy. And if she thinks back into the reaches of when she's known me, she'll know what I'm talking about. Yes, I promise to get pictures and get the posted somewhere. (Misty, we really need to get my web site set up. Yes, I know it's my fault.)

Had a major bummer last night, too. Jeff and Jen came over at 10 to watch Alias. Knew I wouldn't be home before then. Anyway, we're on the couch getting ready for a great hour, and we see Syd sitting in a chair with her blue hair. Sure enough, they decided to rerun the season premier. Makes sense opposite the final game of the World Series, but I wished I'd known sooner. This episode is supposed to air next Sunday, so can't wait until then. Some secrets reveiled. Maybe. :)

Met with Dave for lunch today. Good time to catch up with him and talk about the youth. We haven't met like that in a long time. Really should do it again soon.

Think I'll end with the Sunday Op-ed, Late Edition.

1. Niagra Falls

What have I never gone over in a barrel? (And I've never been to Boston in the Fall.) Other answers might be, what did I visit between Gettysberg and Philidelphia? And where did I get a funny mug from my "wife" from? Ok, that last one needs a little work, but you Trixie folks should get it.

2. Hawaii

Who gets a state quarter in 2008? Also, what state would I like most to visit?

3. Grand Canyon

What have I never lept in a single bound? Also, what was a little less spectacle while visiting on vacation after seeing Bryce Canyon in Utah?

Yes, I'm in a funny mood. Must be because I'm done with Monday!

No comments: