Monday, October 21, 2002

There are some mornings when you just want to sleep in. It's darker and cool outside. There's a think enough fog out that it feels like winter. Those type of mornings you should be allowed to roll back over and sleep as late as you want.

Unfortunately, I had to get up much earlier then normal.

See, Marcus had agreed to give me a ride to work after I dropped off my car for Hank (my old mechanic) to give me a third opinion on my AC. But late last night, he remembered he had to be at work at 7:30 himself this morning. So, I had to get up early, drop my car off at the mechanics, drop him off at work, then drive back to talk to Hank when he openned, then come into work. The up side is, I still had a car today. The downside is, his car is showing it's age and miles. You must get in the passenger's side and slide across. Interesting, but it can be done.

In other news, I had a great time at Disneyland on Saturday with Angelique. Even ran into Donald and Heather for dinner. They did seem to be having technical problems all day as Splash Mountain went down as A and I were riding on it, and at other points, Indy, Space Mountain, and Star Tours also went down. But we did get to ride everything we really wanted to. It's great going with people who let me drag them along on all the rides. :)

I was interested to note that they've changed Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. He now gives the Gettysburg Address. But they have these headsets now that are incredible with the sound effects of the before story about a private. I expected to be hit a time or two by things going on around me. Very cool, espeically for an attraction I bet most people skip.

Yesterday, I had a nice lazy day around home doing not much. Finished Transgression (don't bother) and caught up on TV shows. Need another couple days like that.

Grandma is out of the immidiate woods. The situation is serious, but she might surprise us and hang in there a few more years. Then again, it might just be a couple of months.

Maybe I'll try Hank again to find out about my car.

No comments: