Wednesday, October 09, 2002

Last night did not go as planned at all!

If you'll remember, I was supposed to go down to the Farmer's Market in LA and get autographs from the cast of Alias. I've been trying to make this work all week. But here's what really happened.

I grabbed a really quick dinner in the cafe, then headed home. On the way home, I drove through the scene of a recent accident. I was watching traffic and didn't realize it until it was too late to do anything about it. And by back right tire picked up a bolt. By the time I drove the two blocks to my apartment, the tire was FLAT! So I spent an hour changing it.

Even though I was running much later then I wanted to be, I decided, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained," and headed out anyway. I got down there 15 minutes before it was supposed to start, and they'd already sold out of books and weren't letting anyone else in. Turns out some people started showing up at 6 AM to get tickets to hold their place in line. Like I could do that! So last night was a complete waste all the way around. The only thing that saved it was a good episode of Buffy, which I watched when I finally got home.

In completely unrelated news, Marcus has indeed moved in. Seems like a nice guy, but it's hard to tell for sure after a couple hours of interaction. Of course, with him coming so highly recommended from the Durons, I'm really not worried.

No comments: