Friday, March 27, 2009

A Week at a Glance

I only worked two days last week. Of course, I started out the week in Palm Springs. But Thursday night, I came down with a fever. It never got above 99.5, but I spent a miserable night trying to sleep. I called in sick Friday morning, only to have my fever break around 10:30 or 11. But I stayed home and napped.

I'm glad my fever broke since that meant I got to spend some time with Donald and Heather. They were down for their anniversary. We had Round Table Pizza and played a round of golf at Mountasia. Loads of fun.

Of course, that weekend, I spent playing ultimate frisbee, another reason to be thankful my fever broke.

But that wasn't all I did. Saturday night, I came to see the play the college is putting on. I thought there was going to be an alumni event before hand, so I got here earlier than I needed to. But the play itself was lots of fun. They did The Happiest Millionaire. Lots of laughs.

I actually put in five days of work this week. Sat in on some budget meetings. Spent two days getting letters ready for those who have outstanding payroll checks. I'm going to mail them Monday so hopefully they will get them during the week and not forget about it over the weekend.

About the only excitement this week came Wednesday night. I went over to my friends Kurt and Kellie's house. Kellie fed us a great dinner, Kurt and I hit the hot tub for a little while, and we watched Lost together. I hadn't seen them since their son was born, so it was nice to spend some time with the three of them.

Tonight, I have Bible study. Haven't been for a few weeks, so I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments: