Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mini Review: Kilt Dead

Welcome to the first of my mini reviews for the books I am reading for Spring Reading Thing. For those new to my blog, you can follow the link to my full review at Epinions.com.

The first book I read this Spring was Kilt Dead by Kaitlyn Dunnett. This book introduces us to Liss MacCrimmon. She's been making a living as a Scottish folk dancer, but after a career ending knee injury, she finds her life at loose ends. When her aunt needs to leave for three weeks, Liss agrees to return to her home town of Moosetookalook, Maine to temporarily run her Scottish Emporium.

Unfortunately, the day her aunt leaves, Liss finds the body of the elderly neighbor in the stock room. When the police begin to suspect her, Liss decides she must investigate to find the killer herself.

I loved the characters in this book. Liss and her reaquainted friends were fun to spend time around.

Which is a good thing because the plot moved forward very slowly. I'm not saying I saw the ending coming, because I didn't. But there wasn't enough plot or sub-plots to sustain the number of pages in the book.

I will probably give the sequel a try at some point, but this book wasn't the fun start to my Spring reading I had hoped for.

No comments: