Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Disney Birthday Weekend

I might recover from this last weekend eventually. It was tons of fun, but I could barely function yesterday.

After work, I headed south to spend the weekend with my parents in their trailer. They found a trailer park about 10 minutes from Disneyland. That's much better than the hour I'd have to drive if I were at home. Due to an accident, a trip that can take as little as one hour took two and a half. Believe me, I was ready to be there when I got there. After dinner, my parents let me open my birthday present. Then we went to bed.

Saturday morning we were up and going early. Despite a the set back of the parking lot where I planned to park not being open, we managed to get into Disneyland at openning where we met up with Angelique. The park was crowded, but we still managed to get in everything we wanted to do. In fact, around 11 we decided we were done for the day and all headed home. After all, we lost an hour thanks to day light saving time this weekend. That didn't help with how tired we all were.

We did get to go through the reopened Sleeping Beauty Walk Through. They did a really good job with it. Several of the scenes look like the old ones from the walk through recreation on the recent DVD release. And some of them include some pretty cool effects. I'm glad to see that piece of history come back.

We also went through the new Small World. They've added Disney characters throughout. I'm not that big a fan of the changes, although some of them were pretty seamless. Still, there was no need to include them. Not that I will let it stop me from going on that ride. I loved it as a child and I still love it.

Sunday, we got up and going again. The destination this time was CA Adventure. I had to wait in a line to get my free birthday ticket. Since we already had 2fer tickets, I went with a pass that's good for one park at some point during the next year. Now, I just need to plot my return trip.

The park didn't seem quite as crowded although it was certainly still popular. We started with Soarin' Over California, my mom's favorite ride. From there we went to Toy Story Midway Mania. Mom and Dad proceeded to ride Soarin' a total of four times. Angelique and I didn't ride it quite that many, although I did make it for three of them. Since that's how many we rode it last year, I think I may have created a monster. :)

The only down part of the day was that my friends Ryan and Charis didn't get to join us like we had originally planned.

We left at 10, when the park closed. But I decided I wanted to get a mug I'd seen on Saturday, so into the World of Disney store we went. By the time I found and bought it, it was close to 11 by the time we got back to the trailer and just after midnight by the time I got home. I had to do a little unpacking, so I crashed into bed around 1.

So, two days on my feet followed by very little sleep. Do you see why I was exhausted yesterday?

But I'd do it again in a heart beat.

The funny things is people have been asking if I was sick because I sounded stuffed up. Not sure what it was, because I felt find. I'm sounding better today, so I don't think I caught a cold after all. Phew!

Of course, being out in the cold weather for two days might have had something to do with it. I was wearing my sweatshirt for most of both days. The afternoons were pleasantly warm, but the rest of the time was cool if not downright cold after it got dark.

No comments: