Thursday, May 20, 2004

Thursday Threesome for May 20th

And it's a long one, too. Brought to us this week by all stories and The Back Porch.

Onesome- Beginnings: Are there any television shows out there that you've watched regularly from the very beginning? Or for those of you not into TV, any book authors that you've read from the very beginning?

TV – Alias, 24, CSI: Miami, Without a Trace, and Survivor. Most other shows I chose to start from the beginning I loose interest in and quit or get low ratings and so no one has even heard of them.

Books – Read Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joann Fluke not too long before the second came out, so I’m counting that. There’s also Dive Deep and Deadly by Glynn Marsh Alam, Revenge of the Gypsy Queen by Kris Neri, This Pen for Hire by Laura Levin, and I guess you can count Murder off Mike by Joyce Krieg and O’ Artful Death by Sarah Stewart Taylor even though their second books aren’t out yet.

Twosome- Middles: What about shows that you came into in the middle of the season but immediately grabbed your attention and turned you into a die-hard fan? Again, for non-TV fans, have you ever begun reading a series of books in the middle and then just had to read everything else in the series?

TV – Middle of season or series is usually when I find a show. For example, CSI and Reba are both mid-season finds. Mid series would include Babylon 5 and Friends.

Books – Most of the time, I’ll go back to the beginning of a series and won’t start in the middle. But, if I’m counting authors with multiple books already out when I started reading them, we’ve got Evans Above by Rhys Bowen (but I’ve been there for her other series since book one, Murphy’s Law), Sympathy for the Devil by Jerrilyn Farmer, Murder with Peacocks by Donna Andrews (again, started You’ve Got Murder when that series was new) and of course Sandy Dengler since I started with Chain Five Mystery when that was the last book of 8 she wrote about those characters.

Threesome- And Ends: Recently, a number of big name shows have ended, Friends, Fraiser, The Drew Carey Show, and the cult hit, Angel. Did you watch any of the big finales? Have you ever been really sad to see a show go? Ok, readers, here's one for you. Have you ever read the end of a book first? Why? ;)

TV – I’ve been watching Friends for the last four years I guess. Loved that finale. I’ve hardly ever watched Fraiser, but I did watch and enjoy that finale. And, since I’ve been watching Angel for the last couple of years, of course I had to see how it ended. I hated it because I had cheesy cop-out endings like that one. And, in the shows all I know department, I thought Drew Carey was off the year over a year ago.

Books – I usually flip to the back and see how many pages and chapters there are, but I never read the ending. I like being surprised along the way.

All Consuming is going to love me today. :)

No comments: