Thursday, October 30, 2003

Welcome to this week's Thursday Threesome, brought to us this week by infomercals (all I could think of) and The Back Porch.

Onesome: Cheap-- Cheap thrills? Are you and yours doing anything for Halloween? Parties? Trick or treating? Staying home with the lights out and an axe visible in the window?
Staying home, watching my Friday night sit-coms, with It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown on DVD during my break. I’ve got some candy for trick or treaters, but I have no clue how many to expect.

Twosome: wax-- Hey, are you a 'candle person'? I mean, is that one of your decorating motifs? ...or does this fall under something like the "No Sharp Objects" rule in your life?
Decorating? Is that when you put something beside furniture up in your home? Personally, I’m not a candle person because of the smells/smoke (allergies) and because they aren’t a guy thing. :)

Threesome: treatment-- Speaking of treatments: do you decorate for Fall? Halloween? Thanksgiving? ...or just pretend that deceased plant in the corner really just lost its leaves for the winter?
Decorating? Is that when you put something beside furniture up in your home? The only thing I decorate for is Christmas. Planning to get a fake Christmas tree this year (once the smoke leaves Wal-Mart), and put up my nativity set and Charlie Brown Christmas set, and the ceramic Christmas tree that Grandma made me a few years ago. Ok, so my Christmas decorations don’t make it beyond the living room yet, but I enjoy doing it every year.

And a fire update. The closest fire stayed under control over night. Last I heard, they were letting it burn in a canyon away from homes hoping it would burn itself out. It’s only 30% contained, however, so anything is still possible.

Meanwhile, the weather that was in the 90’s a week ago is now in the 60’s and it was kinda sorta sprinkling when I came into work. I’m still praying that the scattered showers that they’re predicting will become a full blown rain storm by the end of the day tomorrow and really help put all the fires in Southern CA out.

No comments: