Tuesday, October 28, 2003

As I just posted over at Zap's, things have changed again fire wise. The wind shifted and the fire that's been on the edge of town all along is threatening homes in Stevenson Ranch, the western end of town. They're calling for voluntary evacuations.

Fortunately, this is on the other side of town from my condo. Unfortunately, it's on the same side of town as the college. I don't expect it to be a problem, it's got a lot of town to go through before it gets here, but you never know. Either way, it's scary.

Meanwhile, things haven't gotten better at home. Not only was Jen there so late that they both fell asleep (and they know how I feel about this), but Jeff brought out his bigger fish tank and set it up without asking. Taking more counter top space. And he keeps buying things that they will need when they get married next summer, but we don't necessarily need now. Like dishes. So where are we supposed to keep them until then. Especially if we find more roommates with more dishes. Meanwhile, the kitchen was a disaster already when I left for work this morning. Heck, I could hardly find room to make my lunch last night.

I feel like a snitch, but I called Jen's RD to make sure she knew what was going on. Especially with these fires going on, it's important that if she's not going to be around she is signed out of the dorm. And she's not welcome to sign out to my condo for the night!

The worst part is, I like Jeff. He's a nice guy. So being angry with him all the time isn't what I want. It's just so frustrating that he's not paying any attention to what I ask him to do.

Meanwhile, I did forget something from Sunday. We had a staff meeting after the evening service, and that's when Dave popped on us the idea of doing stuff on Halloween with our small groups as an alternative to trick or treating etc. With 5 days to put something together. And nothing on the calendar or discussed with the kids before hand. Sorry, I'm not putting any time and energy into that when most families would already have plans by now.

Well, they've closed down the 5 and 14 freeways. Unless it's the 14 south, I'm not sure why. It's going to be a nightmare getting home since everyone is going to want to go that way. I wonder how I'll get home, and if it will be in time for 24. A man's got to have his priorities no matter how shallow they are.

Just talked to Jeff, he'll record it for me if I'm not home. I know you were all on the edge of your seats about that. :)

To end on a lighter note, a couple quizzes.

First, via Diann, and in time for the coming weekend:

Driretlan is your Vampire name.
You are a witty Vampire with a certain style that
others are drawn to.
To use your new Vampire name and become a Vampire,
go here:
www.life-blood.vze.com


What is your Vampire name?
brought to you by Quizilla

And, via Stephanie:

Gimli

Gimli Gloin's son

If I were a character in The Lord of the Rings, I would be Gimli, Dwarf, handy with an axe when orcs are about.

In the movie, I am played by John Rhys-Davies.

Who would you be?
Zovakware Lord of the Rings Test with Perseus Web Survey Software

No comments: