Friday, October 24, 2003

Frustration is my middle name today.

I loose Marcus in a week. No replacement roommate in the future that I can find. Fortunately I have Jeff. Sorta.

See, when we first moved in, I announced the #1 rule of the condo was going to be "CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF." Yet I am constantly harping on Jeff to clean up. Like the dishes piled in the sink all week. I hate it, but I hate having the stuff there even more. I mean, I've been walking down to the bathroom for the last two days to fill the water pitcher, it was that bad. Am I really asking too much when I ask that, once you're done eating, you clean the dishes you used to make the meal?

I have decided what I really want is to live alone. I'm tired of trying to deal with other people. And, frankly, I think I'm too independent and too much of a control freak to ever think about getting married. Yep, I'm going to stay single.

Of course, I have to have roommates right now to make ends meet. I should never have placed myself in this position. What was I thinking? I need a new job, something that actually pays me more what I'm worth. Something I can live on. It's just killing me that I can't make Trixie camp this year.

Meanwhile, I've had it with the two thorn in my side boards. I've spent the last 24 hours being attacked by three different people on one because of my conservative views. When I finally snapped, the only reply I got was "I'm trying to have a productive debate with you." It's taken all my will power to not respond with "To have a productive debate, you must respect the person you are debating." and then go on to list all the times he has treated me like a piece of junk. He thinks all conservatives are evil, and Christian conservatives are doubly so. No, he won't say it outright, but you can tell that's what he thinks by the way he says what he says.

Meanwhile, on the other board, a newbie started a thread asking for Christian fiction recommendations. One person responded with "Try the New Testament." When a couple of us got upset, two others didn't see what the problem was. When I explained that this is non-fiction, one said back "It never crossed my mind that anyone would consider it non-fiction." And people call Christians ignorant and close-minded! And come one, how hard is it to not open a thread you aren't interested in and can't contribute to? Makes logical sense to me. Meanwhile, the jerk who said he was leaving a month ago is already back making more trouble.

Civility is dead.

To top is off, my accounting program kept shutting down on my at work today. Didn't loose any information, but it sure is frustrating.

Not that my weekend will get any better. Ultimate isn't an option tomorrow. We've got a paintball "war" with the jr. high from 8:30 - 10:30. Can I just tell you how much I don't want to go? Yes, there is the part that is afraid after all the fush I've made over the years that I might like it. But most of it is knowing I won't. I hate people shooting things at me. I flinch over rubber bands, for Pete's sake! Yes, we're only using sling shots, but it's still not going to be my idea of fun.

Jeff did just stop by to tell me he's going to be out of town this weekend. Marcus, too. So I'll have the entire condo to myself. Maybe that will help me recover after all. While doing loads of laundry and watching the stuff I have on tape and trying to get through my book.

No rest of the wicked, eh?

To close on a lighter note, a new quiz found via Aleta. Once again, we aren't the same, although my day might have had something to do with it.

Marvin K. Mooney
Which Dr. Seuss character are you?

brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: