Tuesday, May 27, 2003

What a weekend.

Friday, I stayed home. Watched, and laughed at, America's Funniest Home Videos. That show really cracks me up. Unfortunately, both hours were reruns, because their challenge America segment was one I could have gotten excited about. It was to do something funny with your hair. Now, I don't have video of what I've done in the past, but why should I let a little thing like that stop me? Unfortunately, the deadline seems to be over, so I won't be submitting anything anyway.

Started on laundry about 10 PM. And it worked perfectly to keep me awake until Donald got in around 2 AM. Especially since I forgot to start one of the dryers and had to go back over and start it again. I may have found a new time to do laundry, too. It was completely empty.

Saturday was fun. Donald and I jammed on our guitars for about an hour and a half before he and Heather left for a wedding. Then, that evening, I met up with them and Stephen and Natalie and Pete at a park for a picnic. Afterward, we got out some frisbees. And one point, we have three frisbees being thrown around and four people catching. Yes, it was wild. Unfortunately, I tried to twist my ankle. It seems ok, but my leg further up has been sore ever since. Feeling it's best today, but I'm still trying to take it easy on it.

Sunday and Monday were pretty much down days. Went to church and talked to my family, but that was about it. Tried to get something going yesterday, but everyone had plans. (As if I was surprised.) I was about to go out of my mind, but I finally sat myself down to work on editting Jennie's book. Got through four chapters and suddenly wasn't bored anymore. Read some in my own book, and suddenly I was down to the last 100 pages there as well. Why couldn't I have tried that hours before?

I should mention that the weather cooled way down. It was in the 70's with foggy mornings. Now, I see it's back up to high 90's. Just in time for me to sit in my office and not head out to the beach and enjoy it. Man!

I did buy some impatiens to plant by the front door this weekend as well. If my neighbors are any indication, they'll look great in about a month. Marcus hasn't said anything yet. We'll see if and or when he notices. Ironically, found out today that they're going to be painting our part of the complex later in the week. Should have waited a week, I guess.

Now, I'm down to the last 25 pages of said book, and believe me, I'll be finishing tonight. Along with watching the return of Dog Eat Dog on NBC. I'm pathetic.

No comments: