Friday, April 04, 2003

So there I am last night at Bible Study. I've made George run home and get the overheads so we have them (for Sunday, too.) He's finally back and I'm thinking we're just about ready to go when Kyle, one of the 7th graders, walks in. On his back is his congo drum. He thinks he's playing with us that night. No one's said anything to me about it. Heck, no one's even mentioned that he plays this to me. Turns out he did well at his lesson so decided it was time. Being the flexible person that I am (HA!), I spent several minutes trying to figure out how in the world this was going to work. Finally got things figured out (as always I was making it too complicated), and we played. Considering all that had happened, I thought things went very well. Kyle's talking about bring his drum to Sunday School now.

Now I know that Jon wants to encourage kids who are musical to get involved. That's fine. BUT SOMEONE NEEDS TO KEEP ME INFORMED ON WHAT I MIGHT EXPECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like who is interested. And the fact that we're letting jr. high be involved as well. Last I'd heard, it was just going to be senior high helping with the worship time.

Of course, considering this was me, I thought I was very flexible about the whole thing. :)

In other news, I got digital cable installed today. We'll see how it goes. Although it looks to me like the cable will still run directly into my VCR like it used to, so I can always do that if I need to. :) For $3 extra a month, if I wind up doing that and enjoying the extra chanels, too, it'll be just fine. The guy who was doing the installation was supposed to come between 9 and 1. I thought I might make it into work this morning, but no, he came at 12:45. So it cost me half a day of vacation. Not what I'd hoped for, but I guess I'll live.

Skipping the just for fun and Bible study to pick up Jeff and the airport tonight. He's in town again for the week.

Think that's about all on my end of things. Off to dinner.

No comments: