Monday, December 16, 2002

Today, I am a liar.

You see, IT'S RAINING OUTSIDE!!!! It's down to a little sprinkle now, but it was pouring at lunch time. Man, I've missed a good winter rain storm. And, rain always makes it feel like Christmas to me. It's been several years since we got a good rainstorm during December down here. Very happy camper.

I was hardly home all weekend. Friday night, I had the career group party. Fun. Saturday, I got up, cut my hair (it's so easy to tackle it yourself when you just buzz it off.), called the fam, then headed over to Magic Mountain. There's a reason that I don't remember them advertising like Disneyland does on Christmas decorations. There wasn't a thing. I heard some Christmas music playing a couple times.... I waited an hour and a half for the new rollercoaster. "X" is something else! They strap you in, then turn your seats around so they control which direction you face. For example, directly at the ground on the first drop. And I'll have to ride it a couple more times to figure out for sure which directions you go when on the track.

Saturday night was Stephen and Natalie's party. That was lots of fun as well. Some people I only see a few times a year, and it was great to catch up with them. Played Cranium. Not too fond of that game, but a good time was had by all.

Sunday, I went over to Kiersten and Seth's after church. We barely got through all the material we wanted to, but I know have a tape of the songs I don't know that are in our new song sheets. Which is a good things since they leave in 13 days. :( They were late leaving for the Christmas program redue in Palmdale, however. Fortunately, I didn't have to go. They dropped the youth group activity afterward, so I stayed behind and watched TV.

I guess I'm the only one who watched that Nancy Drew movie last night. If it hadn't been called Nancy Drew, it would have been great. As it was, it didn't seem to present a story like the books would have, which is what was claimed. Still, it was fun. And, being followed by an incredible Alias certainly didn't hurt my opinion of it at all.

No comments: