Monday, December 30, 2002

And we're back. Actually, got back safely last night. Traffic was pretty bad coming back, but it still took me only 8 hours. The record has to be the Sunday after Thanksgiving where I spent 12 hours coming back. Which is why I always take the Monday after Thanksgiving off now.

I can definately tell these are stressful times in SR. Mom was flipping out about stuff in the house that wouldn't bother her otherwise. While we had a couple lay back and do little days, it wasn't a relaxing for me trip like last year.

Yet, at the same time, I realize why no one else can figure me out. I can't figure myself out. :) Saturday, I woke up and couldn't wait to leave. Was counting the hours most of the day. When I actually left, I was sad I was going. Explain that to me if you can.

Shaved my head for the New Year when I got home last night. Been blessed with a nice sunny day today, too. I'd forgotten already how wonderful a smooth head feels and how sensative the skin is to sun and breeze. It's truly a wonderful feeling.

Spent most of the day shopping and running errands. Been on a major shopping spree between the mall and the internet. Spent way too much money. But, I did get the oil changed in my car, even if it did take an hour at Wal-Mart. I figured no one would be around since most people have to work, but shows how wrong I can be. And remember how I was complaining about having too much Christmas music? I bought 5 more discs today. The Wow Christmas set (2 discs), Burl Ives best of Christmas, Al Hirt, and City on a Hill. Fortunately, they were all 40 % off. Speaking of which, Susansuth, it's not too late for you to keep your end of our non-bargain. (Not going to let you live that down. Ever. So you might as well buy Johnny Mathis and get it over with.)

Right now, I'm going to head home. One of my purchases today was the Mary Tyler Moore season 1 set, and it's very loudy calling my name.

No comments: