Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday Threesome for October 23rd

This week's edition is brought to us by The Back Porch as always.

Onesome: Just-- the Cell Phone? ...and no land line? How does it pencil out for you: do you need to have both a cell phone and a home phone in your life? How about down the road? Do you see yourself disconnecting from the hard-wired connection?
I got rid of my land line when I got my cell phone this Spring. And I so love having a cell phone!

Twosome: Checking-- accounts, a thing of the past or something that will be around for a while? I'm wondering how much we're coming around to debit cards and online payments...
Um, where do you keep the money that covers the stuff you pay for with your debit card or an online payment? Your checking account, of course. Now, checks might be a thing of the past pretty soon, although I still find myself using one or two every month.

Threesome: In-- the same vein: how about the net itself? If you're on it for basic communications then what happens when your handheld device becomes your email/chat/and voice communication system? Do you bail from the hardwired home links when wifi becomes just a little more ubiquitous? ...and before you answer, check in with any teen you see walking down the street with their head in the Net!
I don't see myself giving up full internet any time soon. It doesn't help that I don't pay for internet access on my phone. However, I don't think it will really go away in the near future.

No comments: