Monday, October 20, 2008

Mid-October Disney Trip

Isn't it wonderful that I have to start specifying which trip I am talking about like that? Yeah, I think so, too.

So, anyway, Angelique, her mom, and I went to Disneyland on Saturday. Meeting up was a snap. I looked up as I parked and there was Angelique getting out of the car two doors down from me.

There were plenty of people in the park, but I we got everything done we normally try to do. And I really didn't feel like we had to rush to try to get it all in. I'm glad we were able to get everything in since we probably won't in two weeks. This will make me more willing to go with the flow.

And we got plenty of shopping in as well. I was looking for one of the villain pins it looks like I missed completely. Hopefully ebay will come through for me. And I was trying to get some Christmas stuff. But despite the abundance of Christmas stuff out, I didn't find what I was looking for. Specifically, I wanted to find a Disneyland castle ornament to match my Disney World castle ornament and some lights I found. They are Mickey Mouse shaped lights with red and white stripes on them to look like candy canes or peppermint candies. They had them everywhere at Disney World, but the cast members thought I was crazy when I asked about them here. Fortunately, I did get the red, white, and blue ones. Just barely got one of those because I saw them moving them to the back. Again, they were everwhere at DW.

And I won the grand prize at the trivia contest at lunch.

During the Master's lunch, they have various trivia questions. I've won small prizes in the past for some of the questions. This year, I decided I wasn't even going to try if I wasn't interested in the prize. When they announced the last prize, I knew I had to try. It was a hooded sweatshirt, hidden Mickey book, and 5 Disney Dollars. We're talking about a $70 prize. And the question? Name the first five Disney movies in order. Heck, I've been studying for that one for years thanks to my DVD collection. I have it sitting in release order.

Of course, the prize wasn't without its set backs. I discovered a couple hours later that the sweatshirt still had the anti-theft device in it. So I had to go into a store and beg them to trust me (since I didn't have the receipt) and remove it for me. But I found a manager at the World of Disney store (the first one I tried) who took down some information, but removed the tag as well. It's a very nice sweatshirt, but it is a large. I think I really need a medium, but I don't think I'm going to try and return it. I can make it work.

2 comments:

...tom... said...

...

It's a very nice sweatshirt, but it is a large. I think I really need a medium, but I don't think I'm going to try and return it. I can make it work.

...truelol...

Yeah ... just eat hearty for a couple of weeks. ...:minism:...


...tom...
.

Mark Baker said...

No, I'm working on losing weight. Beside, some of it is sleeve length, which I just can't do too much about.